Most expensive US cities to live in are pricy for a good reason. Most Americans live in cities, which accounts for roughly 84%, while the rest, 16%, live in the countryside areas. The cultural lifestyle, education, job opportunities, and a better lifestyle is drawing more and more people to reside in the cities. Therefore, the living cost is constantly rising. In case someone is making $100,000, in Pennsylvania will afford the amenities easily compared to someone in Manhattan, New York. It wouldn’t surprise you that Californian urban centers dominate as the most expensive US cities. We are always curious to compile rich lists, most expensive things, and everything related to wealth. However, this time we’ve diverted our attention towards the most expensive cities to live in US. In this article, we will let you know about the cost of living in the United States’ priciest cities. Without wasting much of your time, let’s get straight to the point and explore the US’s most expensive cities.Image Credit: AARP
Starting with Miami, Florida, the city stands at number 5 for being among the US’s most expensive cities. It is the only southern city in America that ranks in the list. The presence of wealthy foreigners, high-end business chains, and the busiest cruise ship port makes the southern city the most expensive one. The average household income in Miami is roughly $53,300. If there are four family members, it will require them to have an annual income of $70,800 for residing in state-of-the-art residential buildings. Therefore, if you are planning to relocate to Miami, Florida, you would need to revisit your annual income.
Los Angeles is synonymous with wealthy and rich celebrities from the entertainment industry. However, there’s only a small contribution of the movie industry in the city’s growth. The shipping industry of LA is the main source of its income. The cost of living in this glamourous city is exorbitant. The median household income in LA is $58,400, while it requires $723,800 to meet end needs. It would require a family of four to have an average income of $85,000. Los Angeles stands at number 4th among the most expensive cities in the US.
The presence of defense departments and the existence of military-corporations like Northrop Grumman Corporation rank San Diego among the most expensive cities to live in the US. It is the priciest city in America. The average household income is $75,500. It provides the opportunity for the residents to squander money on high-end eateries and brands. The unemployment ratio in the city is also at the lowest. However, the residents are relishing a strong and robust lifestyle with the availability of luxurious amenities. San Deigo stands at number 3rd in the list of most expensive cities to live in the US.
The city is located within commuting distance from San Francisco and Oakland. The Silicon Valley in San Jose makes it the most expensive city in the US. The average household income in San Jose is $104,200. The presence of tech firms in the city has raised its standards, and the residents are enjoying a high-end luxurious, and lavish lifestyle. Tech-industry’s high-end salaries have made it possible for the residents to live a better lifestyle. There is an influx of foreign nationals, and people from other States also move to the city in search of better opportunities. It is among the 2nd most expensive US cities.
New York leads the list of the most expensive US cities. It is also ranked among the world’s most priciest cities. If you are planning to reside in Manhattan, you will need to have a whopping 154% higher income than the national average. The average income of a New York household is roughly $245,000. From transportation to grocery, everything is costlier. It is said that if you can make it in New York, you can make it anywhere. It wouldn’t be of a surprise for anyone that NYC tops the list.
If you are planning to relocate to these cities, you would need a whopping annual income. These are the most expensive cities in the United States and are the costlier cities in the world. Living in an expensive city will surely provide you with some great opportunities to explore but require you to pay a hefty amount.
However, people with high net worth and mega-bucks love to squander money in these cities. The lifestyle, culture, and other amenities in these most expensive cities in US are everyone’s dreams. Nevertheless, Californian cities are expensive, but the cost of living in Alaska isn’t affordable for everyone. The remoteness of the area plays a significant role. Almost everything thing has to be imported over long supply chains that justify the prices are certain to rise. Stay tuned to The Squander for a daily dose of motivation, trending news, rich lists and more.