Another Palace Aid Prepares To Leave Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Office

Things are getting really interesting at Kensington Palace, aren’t they? Meghan Markle has been receiving bad press for weeks now, and this will be another blow to her and Prince Harry. The Royal couple is set to lose one of their most trusted aides, Samantha Cohen, after the birth of their baby.

Another Palace Aid Prepares To Leave Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Office

Samantha Cohen took on the role of their private secretary/chief of staff shortly after the Royal Wedding in the summer. She is said to leave soon after her replacement is found. So, she makes the third palace aide to leave in less than a year! What does this say about Meghan Markle?

Many advisors and close friends had hoped that Cohen would stay on and work at Kensington Palace permanently, but that didn’t happen.

Before switching courts, she had the prestigious role of being Queen Elizabeth’s assistant private secretary and also the monarch’s former spokesperson. Her knowledge of the Common Wealth was vital in guiding the couple in their duties in this particular area on behalf of the monarch. Shortly before the wedding, Prince Harry was made the Youth Ambassador for the Common Wealth countries. Samantha Cohen was also one of the driving forces behind the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Australian tour.

Samantha Cohen

The senior palace aide had been helping Meghan with protocol at different royal events before her May 19 royal wedding. One of her tasks also included forging a new path for the Suits actress, who “needs to carve out a role that she is happy with or she will go crazy,” says the insider.

According to sources close to the royal couple, Cohen will leave after the birth of their baby in early spring. However, chances are she may choose to stay on a little longer to ensure that the recruitment process of her successor goes smoothly.

Even though Samantha’s position was always a temporary one, this is still a massive loss to both Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Soon after their tour Down Under, Meghan’s close assistant, Melisa Touabti left after only six months of service. Also, Cohen had taken the reins after Prince Harry’s longtime private secretary; Ed Lane Fox resigned from his position in September.

Yesterday Thomas Markle, Meghan’s father gave an interview (again), and said that his daughter is “demanding, but never rude.” What does that even mean? Is he confirming that his daughter is difficult to deal with? He also said that he “does not recognize” the person that is creating all the negative press and shutting him out.

Markle has also been in headlines for her supposed ‘feud’ with sister-in-law, Kate Middleton (whose transition into the Duchess of Cambridge had been seamless).

Kensington Palace has shown a dignified silence over the many reports that have been surfacing in the last couple of months. This, however, does not solve matters, does it? What are your thoughts on the Meghan Markle controversy? Do you think she’s ‘demanding’ and unreasonable or is this just the media creating drama?