The $1.32 Million Baseball Card
One rare baseball card sold for over $1 million at auction, further proof that saving collectibles isn’t such a bad idea.
The T206 Honus Wagner baseball card ,of which there are only a few in existence, is a collector’s dream, and one was willing to pay big bucks to have it.
At the Robert Edwards auction, the card sold for $1.32 million after 42 bids. In the past years, one copy sold for just over $400,000 because of severe damage, and another sold for $1.23 million in 2013.
That same year, a record was set for the card after someone bought a PSAA 5 (MC) edition for $2.1 million.
“Legend has it that fewer than 200 cards of the Hall of Fame shortstop were produced because Wagner was not happy with the card’s producer the American Tobacco Company and the smoking message it sent to children. Wagner, however, smoked and endorsed cigars, leading some to believe he was merely upset with not being paid for his image.”
As a result, the cards circulating now are worth a ton of money.
- Marcus Butler Net Worth: How Much Is The Popular YouTuber Worth?
- “Shumukh” Unveiled As The Most Expensive Perfume In The World
- Alia Bhatt & Ranbir Kapoor to clash at the box office, with RRR and Shamshera!
- Salman Khan Will Produce A Wedding Drama With Nushrat Bharucha
- Five Of The Most Expensive Things Jay-Z & Beyoncé Have Ever Bought
- baseball player
- basketball player
- Food & Drinks
- football/soccer player
- For Men
- For the Abode
- For the Body
- For the Garage
- High Priced Toys
- ice hockey
- ice hockey player
- Most Expensive
- NASCAR driver
- Net Worth
- NFL football player
- Pop Culture
- Real Life Squander
- U.S. Government Official
- World Cup football/soccer player