Lori Loughlin Might Face 2-Year Minimum Prison Sentence for Alleged Involvement in Admissions Scandal

Have mercy on Aunt Becky! Fuller House actress Lori Loughlin and her designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, could allegedly each face a minimum two years in prison if they accept an offered plea deal.

Image Credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com

A source opened up to Us Weekly and revealed that prosecutors had offered the Full House star, 54, and her husband, 55, an offer that includes a minimum two-year prison sentence for their alleged involvement in the now infamous nationwide college admissions scandal.

It is unclear if the couple will accept the deal, but Christina Sterling, the spokeswoman of the Massachusetts State Attorney’s Office, told the media on April 9, that they have “not agreed to plead guilty.” The evidence is right there, isn’t it? We have all seen the photoshopped pictures of Olivia Jade and her sister in the USC crew team, even though they did not take part in the crew. How can they plead not guilty to that?

When Olivia Jade’s parents appeared in federal court in Boston on April 3, the presiding judge told them that they might face maximum jail time of 20 years in federal prison, three years’ probation and a $250,000 monetary fine.

All 13 defendants who appeared before the judge on April 3, with Lori Loughlin were charged with both conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services fraud.

An insider previously told Us that the actress “is in denial and doesn’t believe she should have to spend any time in prison.” The source noted that the mother of two would “go to trial before being separated from her family, and take those chances rather than just go to prison as part of a settlement.”

The former Summerland star and the Mossimo clothing company founder, who are parents to daughters Olivia Jade, 19, and Bella, 20, were arrested back in March. Their arrest came after they allegedly “agreed to pay bribes totalling $500,000 in exchange for having their two daughters designated as recruits to the USC crew team — even though they did not participate in the crew — thereby facilitating their admission to USC.” They went to court and were later each released on a $1 million bond.

While neither the actress and her husband have entered a plea for their alleged participation in the scandal, former Desperate Housewives actress Felicity Huffman released a statement on April 8, apologized what she had done and that she will be “pleading guilty to the charge brought against [her] by the United States Attorney’s Office.” The statement went on to say “I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I have done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions.” Huffman made it clear that her daughter was not aware of what she had done, “My daughter knew absolutely nothing about my actions, and in my misguided and profoundly wrong way, I have betrayed her,” Huffman added. “This transgression toward her and the public I will carry for the rest of my life. My desire to help my daughter is no excuse to break the law or engage in dishonesty.”